Saturday, September 26, 2009

Current Obsessions 9/26/09

Oh how I wish I had something witty to say....alas here are my drugs. Uh I mean obsessions. Currently.

1. Being sore. Alright let's be honest. Being sore hurts. It makes me grouchy that my knee is swollen, that I'm covered in bruises, that I can't stand up correctly, and that it hurts when I laugh. But that grouchiness is small. I adore being sore. It's the embodiment of the feeling that I have done something. I have used my body to do something it was meant to do. I'm sore because I'm not used to it but my muscles remember what it was like to be in shape, and they crave it. So they remind me to stretch them and work them more often. I highly recommend doing whatever it is you want to do to make yourself sore ;).

2. Cooking. When I was an undergrad I didn't do much cooking. I always had friends or family to go to eat with and honestly I much prefer my restaurants than to things I make. But since moving I have been alone a lot more, and going out to eat when I'm alone is just not fun. Also saving money to go shopping is better than eating alone any day. So bottom line, I've done more cooking. I've made lots of things that I love, like meatloaf, enchiladas, pancakes, cookies, whatever strikes my fancy. Have a craving - fulfill it. It's a beautiful process.

3. Coach's Fall Line. Right so I'm not going to be getting one of these now, much less from Coach online, I only shop outlet. But these purses are absolutely gorgeous. Okay some of them are butt ugly, but some. Oh some. Are almost my dream, if I were to design purses. I will perhaps have to pay a visit to one of the three outlets within an hour of me....sometime.

4. Boots. I love boots. I wish I wore them more often. But I have recently acquired some Ugg knockoff style boots that I cannot wait to wear! I am in the market for some other knee high boots, probably suade scrunch style. But regardless of what I'm looking for specifically, looking is just oh so much fun. I warn you though. It's dangerous.

5. Pictures/Photography. Pictures are my favorite. On the side of my computer I have a scrolling show of all my pictures. I love looking at the pictures, especially when I'm far away form those people. The memories in the pictures never fail to make me happy. I have also recently become obsessed with the wonders that photography presents. This is partly because pictures capture memories and I love that, and partly because you can do so many things with pictures. I am especially excited because the leaves are starting to change here. I can't wait until I have a new amazing camera!

6. Football. I'm an NFL girl. I love it and I adore the five shorts months I have to enjoy it. I haven't really ever been a school spirit girl, but since coming to Michigan, I figured a Big Ten school, I need to embrace. So I have become entrenched in college football. And let me tell you, there is nothing that can replace being in a stadium with over 100,000 people, standing all game in the student section, screaming your lungs out to different chants and cheers and watching your team win. It's truly an experience and I'm drinking it in. School spirit is definitely fun. I need more block M shirts though. It exhausts me however so I still love sitting on my couch watching my NFL players.

7. Fall TV. There really are some amazing options this fall. Summer was good but Fall. Ah. Glee is the funniest thing, Cougartown is hilariously awkward, Grey's drama, Vamp Diaries can't beat those men, The Office, Community (Joel McHale!!!), House, I can go on. Sure there are some duds, but there are also some true winners that keep me laughing through the frustration of work.

8. Guitar Hero. That's right I'm a nerd. But I'm a music nerd so I actually really love guitar hero. I got a wii for Christmas and have been biding my time until I could get guitar hero, and now I have it. I have no illusions about my skill, the fact that my coolness does not go up when I play, or anything like that, but in my heart, I really just do whatever I want to have fun. And guitar hero is fun. Don't judge.

9. Fluff Books. I normally am reading two to three books at once. One maybe two serious, really get things out of them books. And then one fluff book. One book that I can read in a night or a couple days, and just entertains. A book that can envelop me into the world and I can escape into it. It's an excellent release, and there's a book for every place you could want to escape to. For a while it was vampire books, then I went to "mean girl" type books, and now I'm on werewolves. Nothing truly earthshaking, but grounding none the less. (Cry Wolf, Patricia Briggs if you're wondering)

10. Three Weeks from Yesterday. My sister is coming then! Honestly I have been looking forward to this since I left Arizona. Part of me is sad that she's coming here and I'm not going back to AZ or NM, but I just can't wait to show her around. This obsession is not just for that weekend though, it's for all family, the kind you just have, and the kind you create. Cherish them all. I love my fam (adopted and not) with all my heart!

And just a couple of things that I don't crave like a drug.
1. Putting Away Laundry. Don't get me wrong. I do laundry. I love to have clean things and do it fairly often. I don't even mind folding it. I just hate putting away. It's not even that much more of a time investment I just hate it.

2. Un-cute Days. Everyone has them but I would really like to punch them in the face and then enlist back-up to beat them up further.

No comments:

Post a Comment