Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Top 10 Current Obsessions 9/8/09

Top 10 Current Obsessions: If these were people I would be a stalker

1. Jay-Z & Linkin Park CD: I know late arrival on this but it is insane, in headphones is the best. I love it while at the gym keeps me pumped when I want to jump off the elliptical. Also great in the car, windows down makes me think I am cool when I am not and that I can look cool while bobbing my head. Basically this was a live concert where Jay- Z and Linking Park laid mixed certain tracks together taking the best from both. My fave is Izzo/In the End

2. The Pioneer Women Blog: Alright so Time Magazine has already mentioned this one which makes it a duh. This woman has many talents, the recipes are amazing and easy to use, her photography is gorgeous and she gives tutorials, her hubbie sounds lovely just read the Black Heels story of how they met and you will be stuck, her kids are adorable and she gives a new face to homeschooling. Find it here http://thepioneerwoman.com/

3. Elvis & Annabelle the Movie: I caught this on Lifetime (yeah I watch Lifetime) one afternoon and am overly obsessed. It is this cute little movie starring Blake Lively and Max Minghella. The music fits perfectly, the acting is also good and everything else fits together wonderfully. It has a dark beginning but a big hear. The love story of a mortician and a beauty queen in TX,they fall in love and save one another. Some dark humor so if you do not like that skip. Sorry to mention something you cannot get on DVD. But that is how much I love it, it also been sitting on DVR for a month. Taking up precious real estate but I will never let it go.

4. Rotten Tomatoes Show Podcast: OK so semi snarky a little dirty at times, but hilarious and not to be missed. And did I mention free all this funniness for free on iTunes! They review movies, write movie haikus and compose hilarious lists such as the five worst Eddie Murphy movies. Which If you have seen any Eddie Murphy movies lately would be hard to do. And you can submit reviews via webcam and become a part of the show.

5. Cake Fetish: Ok let me explain first. This is a cupcake shop in Albuquerque (well chain really) and they make different flavors each day. My personal faves are Grasshopper a choco cupcake and mint icing on top. Or anything with banana such as Love Monkey a choco ship cupcake with banana buttercream. They can make birthday cakes of any flavor you want and anyone can find a flavor they would want in this place. A great place for book clubs or just friends to meet.

6. Bruschetta: How do you spell this? Alright last week I was having a loser day, you know a day you feel like a loser. And I went to the grocery store and made this and it made me feel better. And then I started to think about Julie in Julia & Julie about how she started her blog/project of working her way through the entire Mastering the Art of French Cooking By Julia Child because she needed purpose. That is what I love about cooking you have a purpose and you fulfill it. I encourage to try recipes you see in movies and to see this movie about one girl and her blog and another visionary chef becoming just that. Bruschetta it is a staple in my apartment now, I put it on pasta, salad, or just use a side item. But here is the recipe:
6 medium size tomatoes (last time I used Romas but whatever looks good)
1 Yellow, Red or Orange pepper (not Green they breath into everything)
¼ cup minced Garlic Olive Oil (whatever kind you normally use)
Bunch of Basil
Salt & Pepper
A nice crusty Baguette
Fresh Parmesan (optional)
1. Chop it all up. On the tomatoes I tend to push the seeds/juicy part out with my thumb before chopping so I have a chunkier consistency. On the pepper no seeds. On the basil I usually don’t hand chop and put into some kind of electric chopper.
2. Mix all these veggies together and add in the olive oil, salt and pepper, and garlic to taste.
3. Take the bread and cut into ¾ inch slices.
4. Take a frying pan add a layer of olive oil to the bottom, let it heat.
5. Put the bread middle part down in the pan, once browned flip to the other side and add oil as needed.
6. Put your oven on Broil.
7. Place the bread on a cookie sheet, spoon brushetta on top, and sprinkle parmesan on top of that.
8. Put in oven, take out once cheese has melted. Note: you can stop at 5 and just eat that way too. Last night I made brats, noodles and tossed it with the bruscetta and parmesan it was really good and fresh (at least to me). You can put on pizza dough too.

7. Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti & Spearhead & Cherinne Anderson- Song: This makes me move my hips like I want one to pop out of place. It makes me imagine myslef in a tropical local dancing away the night with the boy of my dreams (at least for that time and place) in some hole in the wall that just happens to have great music. And we are both great dancers and dressers. A tropical sounding song with a reggaton edge featuring a girl and guy lead part. Basically the man is telling the girl he loves her and that she is the best thing that happened to him.

8. Being Human -TV Show Just Finished on BBC America: So warning this is not a mild show there is lots of stuff that is not work appropriate, not an HBO show bad but it is from Britain. It is this show about a vampire, werewolf, and ghost trying to be normal (or human) while all living together in a house in England. And that is the skim of the surface, usually I don’t like shows where everything stands for something else. I want an island to be an island not a lost childhood. But this show does it so well, and shows all these sides of the human race that make them ask themselves if they are really the monsters. Oh and it has its funny moments too.

9. Libraries: I love books, and last summer I discovered at my local library I can reserve anything from the library online and get an email when they are ready to pickup. It is so easy I cannot justify spending money on books anymore, and saving money anywhere is great right now. I also like the idea that someone else has read the book I am holding and what you can discover by walking down the aisles. So when you find a book you want to check out, check your library. It is green, cheap and a great way to get all the books you want.

10. Good Music on Your Fave Shows: I love when the music in a scene is perfect and fits and adds rather than detracts from a scene. And I love when I play that music I remember the scene, who I saw the movie with or something about that day. Which is also why I am an addicted to iTunes because I can get the song I want and only that song. So here is my PS hey look into music from your shows find those songs and live those moments again. Not only will add to your music library but you could come across your favorite band. I mentioned Being Human well BBC America has all the music listed from the shows including what scene they were in on their website- how handy is this! And for an American what other way can you hear some of these British Bands that have yet to jump the pond?

And just so you don’t think I am only a ball of positivity, here are 2 things I Do Not Like!
1. More To Love- TV Show: Couldn’t they have just done The Bachelor with a big dude? And wait a second why are the weights and heights not listed on that show!

2. Impossibly Hot High School Students: I did not look that good and no one really did! See 90210 (both versions), Vampire Diaries, One Tree Hill (first 4 seasons), pretty much anything on the CW or the Original WB ( I miss you WB!). Say it with me 27 year old models are not high school students!

Hopefully I will post a new list each week. Oh and if you like this check out our other site:
http://hack-ycritics.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment