Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Top 10 Albums I Found Again

It is raining here in ABQ and for some reason that makes me nostalgic. Maybe it is because I get to pull out all my boots and sweaters or am spending more time indoors. I don’t know but yesterday I was looking through my music to make a playlist for the next couple of weeks. And I came across all these CDs I love and they actually were CDs I bought and have in a drawer somewhere. So here is a list of some CDs I always find good , want to hear and never get sick of all the way though. A lot of these are compilation/greatest hits CDs yeah I will admit I can be a fair weather fan!

1. Jimmy Eat World… Bleed American: This CD will forever remind me of high school, it is amazing and still is. I love this CD because it was one of the only ones pre-iPod I could put on in the car and not skip through. In fact somewhere along the line it got scratched and you can hear it but I don’t even care. Faves: Praise Chorus, The Middle, Sweetness, Hear You Me (a Great song to end a mix CD with- just listen to the lyrics), Get It Faster, Authority Song


2. The Police… Every Breath You Take: The Classics: I love The Police and have more but this is a great compilation CD. You get all the good stuff. I think I stole this CD from my brother but considering how many of my CDs he has lost, wrecked, loaned out I will call it even. They were so good, sound dated but I still love. Faves: Message In a Bottle, King of Pain, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic, De Do Do Do , De Da Da Da, Wrapped Around Your Finger


3. Janet Jackson… Design of A Decade: This CD I actually copied from my dad oh yeah he purchased and loved it. It is basically all the classic Janet- before she was ever in an Eddie Murphy movie. Faves: Runaway, Nasty, Miss You Much, Escapade, That’s the Way Love Goes


4. Gavin Degraw… Chariot: True Story this was the CD I had in my car my first day at Moriarty HS when I moved my senior year. I was wearing jeans I had since I was 14 and a guys polo- yeah you can see my lack of caring. I made a permanent enemy in the parking lot that very morning. But even she could not wreck the good mood brought on by singing along to this CD. Faves: Follow Through, Chariot, (Nice to Meet You) Anyway, Chemical Party, Crush , I Don’t Want to Be


5. Boomkat… Boomkatalog One: Love & Adore so much still amazing and the first CD I loaded onto my iPod. Pop music with great beats & lyrics and you got to love a girl who starts a song with “I came, I saw, I kicked some ass.” And you believe her. Faves: The Wreckoning, Now Understand This, Crazylove, What U Do 2 Me, Left Side/Right Side


6. Bend it Like Beckham… Soundtrack: Love this movie with all my heart. It was a perfect summer movie and the soundtrack is just as much fun. Pure fizzy pop as only the Brits can put together and some hilarious parts of the movie mixed in. Faves: Do Your Thang, Hot Hot Hot, Inner Smile, I Wish, Independence Day


7. No Doubt… Tragic Kingdom & Rock Steady: I got much love for No Doubt so had to have 2 plus saw them in concert this summer and they put on a great show. Tragic Kingdom is that CD that everyone had- made the band huge, one of the first CDs I ever bought. Rock Steady is their latest and has such a good sound to it. Faves (Tragic): Spiderwebs, Just a Girl, Different People, Sixteen, Sunday Morning, End It On This (Rock): Hella Good, Hey Baby, Making Out, Start The Fire, Platinum Blonde Life, Running (Pretty Much ALL)


8. Jack Johnson… In Between Dreams: It is not a summer mix if there is no Jack Johnson! While I have all his mellow guitar driven CDs this is my fave. Even the bright yellow cover makes me smile. Faves: Better Together, Never Know, Sitting Waiting Wishing, Banana Pancakes, Staple It Together (Pretty Much ALL)


9. Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits: Another compilation CD I know but I was 14 and not old enough to fully understand the coolness that is Lenny. So I picked this up at my local Best Buy- Man I have not been to one of those in a long while. Has all the songs you want on it and know from the radio a great CD that all love. Faves: Are You Gonna Go My Way, Fly Away, American Woman, I Belong To You, Let Love Rule.

10. Maroon 5 Songs About Jane: This CD came from a marathon music sharing at my cousin’s house in AZ, basically we pull out everyone’s iPods, computers and CDs and swap music the same way some people swap stories. And it was before Adam Levine became a Man Whore, just an all around good CD. Faves: Harder to Breathe, This Love, Shiver, The Sun, Must Get Out

While compiling this list I found about a dozen more CDs I love, but really I am sure you are sick of me already. So here are the 10 I know I love right now. Not my top 10- that would be like choosing between my bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment