Monday, October 26, 2009

Top 10 Things to Do In the Fall:

If you don't get you should go visit it....
1. Wear Boots and a Sweater: I know it is fall when I start to pull the boots out from under the bed and am digging through my sweaters. A little trick I do to stay warm, because I loathe being cold- leggings as tights tucked into my boots keeps me really warm and comfy. I also do the knee socks and boots thing too, and the textured tights thing, and the jeans tucked in thing- what can I say I love my boots. I also have a thing for a long sweater I have at least a half dozen.
2. See a Play: You can do this all year long but it is more fun to dress up in the winter because you get to also do the amazing coat thing. And for some reason all the plays I want to see are in the fall. We have a local theater company, school troupe and a place where national touring groups come through so you can usually find something you like and in your price range.
3. Drink Cocoa: I make it, drink it for breakfast and just love overall. It really warms you up when you need it and screams fall at me.
4. Go To A Football Game: Yes the Lobos are not doing that great and you will freeze on those metal bleachers. But go and cheer and huddle together for warmth, and I am sorry as a girl who sat through a game in a hale/snow storm in a Northern state nonetheless, I have no sympathy for you.
5. Buy Some Ridiculous Flannel PJs: Or in my case have “Santa” gift them to me. So far I have ones with dogs in Christmas gear, traveling gnomes and Russian Nesting dolls on them. All from Target and Nick and Nora and all comfy as Clive Owen is hot.
6. Scrub, Scrub, Scrub: Have you ever had a salt scrub well then you have never been hurt so good? Can’t afford the spa (even as a present?) then make your own sugar scrub-Google it and you will get at least one you want to try. Otherwise I start to not recognize my own skin.
7. See The Nutcracker: Kind of falls under 2 but at least once in your life, ok at least once in your girl life you need to see The Nutcracker done right. Me I saw it by the San Francisco Ballet when I was 11, amazing is all I can say. Not an option rent it.
8. Pumpkin Patch: When I was a kid we all got to pick our own pumpkins and then carve them. I loved the power of walking around all these pumpkins at the patch and making my choice. My dad who is an expert carver puts us all to shame but we always got our own and could do whatever we wanted. It is a family tradition, my parents even did it the first year they were married.
9. Make Soup: I tend to go for Tortilla Soup or Potato Broccoli. It warms the house and the belly and there is nothing better with bread.
10. Snowball, Angel, House, etc.: Make one, throw one, commune with the snow. At least take your dogs out to play in it, or take some pictures. You only get so much!

And Here are 2 Things I Don't Appreciate Fall!
1. Snow on my car: Not the best present in the AM.
2. More Laundry: All those layers really add up.

No comments:

Post a Comment