Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Top 10 Things to Love about Fall

I do believe this is my favorite time of year...so just more things that I love.

1. The weather getting colder. Sorry Cor but I adore having it be sunny outside but kind of chilly. So you get to wear cute coats and things but still have it be sunny!

2. Cute coats, boots, leggings, scarves or any other winter attire. It just adds so much diversity to your look and you can definitely have a ton of fun playing around with different colors, patterns and fabrics. I have about ten different scarves all kinds of colors (mostly plain color because that's me but patterns are adorable on others) and I just pick one to complement my outfit. The possibilities or look and cuteness are endless.

3. Leggings and Tights. This is a whole other one just because it's so awesome. Go to Target right now and they are having a sale on knee high socks, thigh high socks, tights, and footless tights (leggings). It's fantastic and they have all manner of patterns. I got some patterned tights and argyle ones just the other day. So cute to pair a dress you might have worn in summer with some cute tights/leggings and then into your fav boots.

4. Hazelnut Hot Chocolate. Okay Starbucks has this amazing thing called signature hot chocolate (why they even have the other kind I have not yet figured out....but) and then they add hazelnut flavoring into it. Just breath that sucker in. I don't like nuts but this is the perfect balance of the smoothness of nuts without actual nuts, and then chocolate. And I don't usually get the whip cream but it also adds a great deal! And then of course apple cider (YUM and my year round fav) and other kinds of hot chocolate. Perfect for chilly mornings.

5. Days when I can just rock the hoodie and sweats. Usually this is at night after I've gotten home from work but really, what is better than just sitting, sipping your hot chocolate, in a hoodie and sweats. Nothing that's what. I never get tired of the lounge pants and hoodies just make me feel so much better about myself because you can't tell whether I'm skinny or not!

6. Decorating my house. Although I haven't done it this year, in past years this is the best. Only in the fall do you have so many holidays to decorate for, and as a closet designer who has their future home all planned out, this is just pure fun. I mostly can't let myself going into stores like Micheal's, but when I do it's like a kid in a candy store, all the possibilities of making your home fun and festive. And you can do anything from really small (for just your room or apartment) to all out house extravaganza!

7. Music. I start getting excited about Christmas music in October. Don't worry all you sticklers, I don't actually start listening to it until after Thanksgiving, but I'm still excited about it long before then. I miss it so much through the year and listen to it almost non-stop during the acceptable time period. They're all the same songs but different people's voices change them so much! And of course the instrumentals like Manheim Steamroller are just classic quality that must be listened to every year.

8. Blankets. Wrapping up in a blanket or putting an extra one on my bed are a definite highlight. I don't have to worry anymore about being too hot to sleep. I get to be all cozy and cuddly and pretend like it's a snow day and I don't have to go to school or work.

9. Slathering on lotion. It becomes a necessity for me in the winter but I love it. I am forced to take extra good care of my skin and let it shine! Before you go to bed, get some heavy duty lotion, the kind you don't normally like because you feel greasy afterwards, slather it on your feet, put on some thick socks then go to bed. Your feet with thank you.

10. Making cookies. For the holidays it's somehow universally accepted that people make cookies for each other. This is the time I try out new recipes I have been thinking all year of doing. I take my sugar cookie recipe and get a really fun cookie cutter and just go to town. Ya it's a mess to clean up your kitchen but what's better than listening to Christmas music, or watching White Christmas, while you tear it up in the kitchen making yummy things and forgetting the consequences?!

And a couple of things that don't make fall enjoyable:
* Unpredictable weather, it's all cold outside so I wrap up and then it gets hot and I have to lug my coat around. Or warm in the morning so don't bring my huge coat then freezing the entire day!

* Worrying about my car being able to do everything it needs to when it's cold. Too much stress! And then dealing with mechanics who think because I'm a girl I deserve to be talked down to.

No comments:

Post a Comment