Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Top Ten Shows of Fall

Uh these shows make my world go round.

*Vampire Diaries - Man what I can I say. I'm pretty sure that I could just gush about this show I love it so. First the men are just beautifully defined. There's just no other way to describe it. Second, when they turn vampire-y they actually scare me. Which I totally dig. There hasn't been a vamp that scared me since Tom Cruise in Interview with a Vampire. Yes the story is not exactly new but it feels different and fresh.

*Glee - If I were prone to using acronyms like lol or something like that I would use lmao here because honestly this show is hilarious. These kids are awkward and weird and truly messed up. But they're funny. And holy cow can they sing. Jane Lynch is my favorite villian and each week I can't wait for the next thing to come.

*Community - Joel McHale is everything I love. Funny, sarcastic, good looking and the whole scenario of community college is priceless. The weirdest people go there and this show captures it well. The supporting cast is amazing as well from John Oliver to Chevy Chase and the Indian guy, they're so so funny together. I don't really like the main girl but I can overlook it for the rest of the show.

*Private Practice - My love of this show could go back to Tim Daly being in Wings which I watched quite often, but it really is a good drama. I also love Kate Walsh's character and the whole dynamic of the other cast. It's not quite as fantastically dramatic as Grey's so it's a nice step back while not being boring.

*Grey's Anatomy - I don't know what else to say about this show but I love it. Next week someone is supposedly leaving the hospital and I am just going to be upset if it's Derek. He and Meredith are finally okay together so screwing it up would be terrible...

*NCIS LA - I am pretty sure I can feel Cory's disapproval here of all things NCIS, I however love it. I really really like Chris O'Donnell and the dynamic he has LL Cool J is really funny. They're solving crime and it's entertaining to watch. Plus I love a show with a good psychologist in it and this one definitely provides.

*House - Who doesn't like House? He says what everyone wishes they could say, only wittier. So many good one liners have come from this show. He is just interesting to watch. You get to watch him have epiphanies and everyone else on the show try and keep up. I also love Wilson and his dilligence to keeping House under control. Plus the other doctors are always good for a little drama as well.

*Lie To Me - I'm a psychology nerd so watching people analyze body language to decide if they're lying is fascinating. And Cal Lightman is really sarcastic and witty as well which is my favorite. Trying to figure out the puzzles while they are trying to figure them out really keeps you interested in the show.

*The Office - Not quite as good as the first couple of seasons but always good for a laugh. Whether it's the creepiness of Creed, the madness of Dwight, or just how funny Jim is, it's always entertaining.

*Gossip Girl - I've had an up and down relationship with Gossip Girl but this season has been doing well. I really like Chuck and Blair together and watching them interact with everyone else is always good. Serena is crazy but you just accept that. Real college is not this dramatic so it's fun to watch how it should never be.

Shows I'm not so thrilled with this fall:
*One Tree Hill - Despite the addition of the beautiful Robert Buckley OTH is just off this fall. I'm not sure what exactly it is, it's just uninteresting and ridiculous. Disappointment.

*Melrose Place - Here's how I know a bad show: I change the channel in the middle. Even shows I've never seen hold my interest for one episode just because I want to see what happened. Melrose though, I don't even care what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment