Thursday, October 15, 2009

Top 10 Reasons to Go to a Concert

I am going to see U2 in Glendale in 4 days and just got my Jay-z tix and have also been lining up other shows. So in honor of that here are 10 reasons to go to a concert- like you really even need them. I have never regretted going to a concert only not going.

1. You Love them: Buy every CD, know all the words, follow them. Why not see them live?

2. You get the Story: As in I was wrote this song because of X. Or you get antidotes like I really am sick of singling this song because of X. Gives you another reason to love your fave song- I have never had one ruined for me.

3. Better- Live: Good Bands sound the same live in fact they sound better it is like going from your puny little TV and getting a Flat Screen.

4. Brings Friends Together: You would be amazed how many people you have no idea like the bands you like. And how many people were at that concert with you and you did not even know it. It also is something to do with friends that is different and new.

5. Makes the CD Even Better: I always end up pulling out the CDs before I go and then keeping them in rotation after a concert. Same old CDs with a new appreciation and new memories tied to it.

6. Sing Out Loud/Dance Along: Um you know the words sing a long, and there is no shame in shaking your hips like no one is there. Not only will it make it more fun but you will burn some calories.

7. Memories: From the corner of your mind… umm yeah remember the time we went to see No Doubt and everyone screamed “I’m Just a Girl.” Or the time Coldplay was like right there a row away from us and Chris Martin was all thanks for being such a great crowd and you really felt that. Or when I almost jacked my car trying to get out of Journal, its ok I can laugh now.

8. Rock God Love: Gavin Degraw is short he also never takes his hat off, so I have no idea what is going on under there. As a girl who is six feet barefoot and would tower over Gavin I find him adorable but not for me. Then I saw him in concert with his sparkly little piano and he sang his heart out and was quite endearing made me re-think that boy.

9. People-Watching: Did you just see the girl with the handmade shirt? What about the guy my dad dubbed “Tigger” because he was always bouncing? Or the girl doing the hippie arm wave like she is feeling the music for pretty much the whole concert? Wait a second I totally almost punched that drunken guy too! No oh wait you didn’t go.

10. Opening Bands/New Music: You like the band you are seeing maybe you will find some new music through their opening bands. Or maybe they have someone awful with them or someone you already know. Either way it is a great appetizer before the main show comes out.

And Here are 2 Things You Don’t Need At Any Concert
1. People who go and no dancing or singing and look at you like a fool for doing so. Why did you come poser why!
2. Sloppy Drunks: I am cool get your buzz on but the minute you get all touchy feely, fall down, and slosh your beer on me I might pull the B card. Drink like a man dude and learn to hold your liquor.

No comments:

Post a Comment