Friday, January 29, 2010

Top 10 Obsessions 1/29/10

It has been a while since I have done one of these, stupid life getting in the way, so here is the first of the new at least I think it is. Oh and if I ever repeat anything I am so sorry! But I am also too lazy to go back and reread all of them every week.

1. 1901 by Phoenix: Love. I really just dig the way this song is laid out, it is a shallow love that grew deeper after I actually listened to the lyrics. Oh and they are up for a Grammy so you can sound all music snob when your friends ask you about them.

2. Argan Oil: This is a knockoff of Moroccan Oil from Sally’s Beauty Supply and it is like $8. You put a dime size drop in your hair after bathing and oh it is soft, and smells good and looks shiny. Just be careful because too much will cause a grease slick that would rival Danny Zuko’s in Grease.

3. Shakespeare Retold: Damien Lewis and James McAvoy on one disc makes Cory a happy chick. Modern retellings of Shakespeare stories very loose retellings. The shrew is up for the prime minister spot, Macbeth is about a celebrity chef and the guy who actually runs his kitchen, Much Ado is actually a morning network TV show and Midsummer’s another wedding party. All have that British funny I love and some great actors; the only one I would skip is Midsummer’s but the rest keepers.

4. Bulletprrof by La Roux: This song makes me want to rock out in my car. Which because I am in a belly dance class is actually HW, so 2 birds meet 1 stone. And what the girl is singing about we have been all been through: Being burned by someone and not letting them hurt you anymore.


5. This Shirt: Kara summed it up perfectly on that other site we have. But I am ALWAYS with Coco. Jay while mildly funny does not compare and David well I just find him mean. So here is hoping Coco comes back stronger, better and as funny as ever.

6. Cleaning Gloves: This is one of my lame but I am slightly germaphobic. So I bought these so when I clean my bathroom I scrub to my hearts’ content and not worry about my nails. I am also slightly vain. And it does not hurt that they are lime green with a mod print on the cuffs, and if you lotion before it is like a spa treatment- not really but whatever helps me clean.


7. Heads Will Roll by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs: This song does not sound that angry (I think Metallica) but the words oh they cut. And I just imagine that feeling where you are so angry you shake. And in my head I see a royalty court scene in the heyday of the monarchy with a Maria Antoinette ywin singing the words- sorry I have a very vivid imagination.

8. Papaya Everything: I have the planner and love, I covet the bag which H just got and loves, want the wall décor, stationary and pretty much everything on there.

9. This Necklace: That is a real orchid which she treats to last forever. I want, I need, I must have, it haunts my shopping dreams. Literally last night I dreamt I was wearing said necklace while…… well I think will keep that to myself.

10. Chia Herb Garden: I just ordered mine and am hoping this will help with the $20 I spend monthly on fresh herbs for cooking. Here is crossing my black thumbs to hope modern technology can cure them!

2 I Do Not Like: The Beatles said all you need Is love, but me I’ve always got some snark.
1. When I am at $23.08 and need $2 to make the free shipping on Amazon! Yesterday I literally added pens to my cart to make it. You brilliant people at Amazon are really getting on my nerves with your free shipping!


2.One Tree Hill: Really Mark Schwann did you really just have 3 sisters duke it out in a swimming pool. I think you are forgetting that most of your viewers are WOMEN! Save your wet dreams for well your dreams.



No comments:

Post a Comment